Saturday, January 26, 2008

Sirens, A Punk, Pumpkin Soup - Videos

I caught some pretty cool videos this morning, so I thought I'd share.

Dizzee Rascal - Sirens

I'm not the biggest Dizzee Rascal fan, but I found this video pretty interesting. I found the inclusion of the mounted hunters particularly provocative. For me, it triggered some thoughts about the police, violence, corruption, and minority/disenfranchised communities. Check it out and see what you think.




Vampire Weekend - A Punk

Really simple video. I dig the effect they achieved by recording the video at a slower speed and then speeding things up. Shows that you don't need a million dollar budget (or Pamela Anderson) to make a cool video.




Kate Nash - Pumpkin Soup

I can't say I really liked her singing that much (maybe a little too Lily Alen), but this is a fun, colourful video. And those cat(?) costumes are just straight wierd!

No comments: