Friday, April 4, 2008

They Might Be Giants - Friday Night Podcast for Kids

Keeping on the topic of stuff for kids, my uncle recently showed me some of the video podcasts by the band They Might Be Giants. I haven't listened very extensively to the TMBG back catalog, but I have to say that this stuff is really great.

Each podcast features the two dudes using puppets (things are already looking good!). The songs are great fun and feature some really cool animation.

As you'll see, there is also a fair bit of humour in there for adults. (Check out the start of the second video I posted. Straight up awesome!)





You can sign up for the podcast through iTunes. Go to the iTunes store and search for They Might Be Giants. It's free to join and there's a new podcast (for kids and families) every friday night (in whatever time zone TMBG is in).

I am very very impressed with what these guys have put together here. If only children's television was like this.

You can buy the TMBG kids album at amazon!

No comments: